After thinking that our voyage through this life has finally come into calm waters, it is suddenly all a-roiling and we find ourselves in dangerous waters again. How do students of Truth, travelers on the Path, deal with such circumstances?
There is a simple way, but it is one that is hard to do, even impossible, if you try to do it all by yourself. Do your part to your utmost ability and in faith. After that, hand the rest over to God. Pray, and give thanks in the deepest gratitude, and with the strongest feelings, that All-Goodness is already demonstrating in your life with Omni-present Spirit manifesting also as substance, even though you might not yet be able to observe it on the material plane.
Refuse to open the portals of your human mind to the enemies of life... worry and fear. But, because we are human and fallible, we recognise that these enemies will keep on trying to sneak into both our waking and our dreaming moments. When they do slip past our guard, use an Affirmation to banish those specters back into the darkness of illusion from where they come. Visualise the thing we need in a positive way -
In my case, this is what I do:
- I see in my mind's eye my wife and I happy and laughing and secure and enjoying the chance to serve others in what is now our old age.
- I thank God for materializing health, happiness and material substance in our lives, even when the illusion of want is howling so hard at the door that it is very difficult to keep on affirming that the fears have no substance.
- I thank God for yet another chance to prove Him in my life. I hold Him to His promise in Mark 11:24 ... "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."
- I give thanks in advance for the needed things.
- I praise and glorify Him for raising my level of consciousness above the seeming lack, thus enabling me to behold the reality of His Omniscience, which knows what we need before we ask.
- I pray and thank Him for opening our hands to receive His bounty, shaken down, overflowing to spare and to share.
- I am filled with excitement and anticipation - I look out in eager expectation to see how His omni-presence will materialise. It is no longer my problem. I have laid all my burdens and my fears on my Father in Perfection and He will deal with this, and all other matters pertaining to me and mine, in his Own Perfect Way.